[News] [Rival] Microsoft Flirts with Belgian Diplomats Again

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Flirts with Belgian Diplomats Again
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 07:47:03 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Photos: Prince of Belgium visits Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| As home to the European Commission, Belgium has primarily been linked to
| Microsoft through the various antitrust investigations into the company's
| business practices. There was no direct mention of those issues in the public
| remarks by Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer after he met with Prince Philippe and
| Belgian officials. Speaking to a large group of Belgian media, Ballmer said
| they discussed the tech industry in Belgium and the possibility of "extended
| collaboration" between Microsoft and Belgian companies, in areas including
| health-care technology. Ballmer cited the possibility of a follow-up
| discussion when he visits Brussels in April.
`----

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/133932.asp?source=rss

Related:

Gates blackmailed Danish government

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.zeropaid.com/news/articles/auto/02162005a.php

,----[ Quote ]
| [French President] Sarkozy and his family have been vacationing at
| a lakefront estate in Wolfeboro owned by former Microsoft Corp. executive
| Michael Appe.
`----

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20137506/

Microsoft's piracy fight gains momentum in China

,----[ Quote ]
| In his first official visit to the United States in 2006, China President Hu
| Jintao arrived for dinner at Microsoft Corp. (NasdaqGS:MSFT - News) Chairman
| Bill Gates' house with a gift for the host.
|
| Shortly before Hu's Seattle visit, the Chinese government had issued a decree
| requiring all personal computers manufactured in China to come with a
| licensed operating system before leaving the factory gates.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/businessNews/idUSN2127797020071221

McCain comes out against Net Neutrality; Says would hire Microsoft CEO Steve
Ballmer

,----[ Quote ]
| In another move that was sure to infuriate many geeks, the 70 year
| old presidential hopeful also said that he would ask Microsoft CEO
| Steve Ballmer to serve on his cabinet to deal with technology issues
| if elected. He did not however say what position Ballmer might be
| hired in, but did joke that he might consider him for a diplomatic
| position, such as ambassador to China.
`----

http://www.thedailybackground.com/2007/05/30/mccain-comes-out-against-net-neutrality-says-would-hire-microsoft-ceo-steve-ballmer/

Treachery In The Trenches