[News] GNU/Linux Suitable For Canadian Small Businesses

Linux well suited to SMB market

,----[ Quote ]
| "Small businesses are looking to save money on technology," says Kamini
| Rupani, a product director with Avocent. "In a time of tightened licensing,
| escalating software costs, relative to total costs, and low initial costs of
| Linux and its cadre of tools, SMBs are looking at the strategy of considering
| open-source software.
|
| Linux is well suited for a smaller organization because it scales
| incrementally without large initial cash outlays. SMBs can tailor their
| enterprises to better fit their needs with Linux."
`----

http://www.itbusiness.ca/it/client/en/home/News.asp?id=47379&cid=11

It's hardly surprising that Linux is Microsoft's #1 threat, according to
Microsoft.

Recent:

Feeling the heat at Microsoft

`----