Re: [News] Eee PC GNU/Linux-based Desktops (Photos), Comparison to Another Linux PC

> ASUS Eee PC desktop finally revealed?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| We've all been waiting to see what ASUS's Eee PC desktop would turn out to
>| look like, and HotHardware is claiming these shots are the real deal. Yeah,
>| we know, it's a bit reminiscent of a certain motion-sensing game console, but
>| besides these kind of grainy photos we've still got almost nothing to go by.
>| Yet!
> `----
>
> http://www.engadget.com/2008/03/29/asus-eee-pc-desktop-finally-revealed/
>
> Analysis: Asus' Eee PC versus the CloudBook
> Which is the best £200 sub-notebook?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| When it comes to laptops under £200, Asus were the first into the market with
>| the Eee PC. While many have followed, Everex?s CloudBook appears to be the
>| Eee's biggest competitor. We've put the two laptops head-to-head to find out
>| which one you should purchase
> `----
>
> http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/index.cfm?newsid=12556

And a whole new market segment was born.

The OLPC rates amongst the most influential PC design along with the
	ZX80, the last "first" computer to cost under £100, or
	BBC Model B - the best 8-bit micro with the best basic
	IBM PC - the first business PC
	Commodore Pet - first off the shelf commercial PC

OLPC has spawned a new market of ultra-inexpensive laptops, and at the
same time, has finally provided the unique set of market drivers which
will enable Linux to flourish in a mass-market desktop-like device.

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |