[News] [Rival] Burning XBoxes Might Have Bill Gates Grilled

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Burning XBoxes Might Have Bill Gates Grilled
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 03:19:45 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Bill Gates May Have to Testify In Xbox Fire Case

,----[ Quote ]
| The lawyer for the family of a teenage girl who was horribly burned in a
| house fire allegedly sparked by a faulty Xbox game console is threatening to
| have Microsoft chairman Bill Gates testify about the safety of his company's
| offshore manufacturing practices.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=207000426

Related:

Microsoft Admits ALL Xbox360's Are Defective

,----[ Quote ]
| Though Robbie Bach, head of Microsoft's Xbox360 Division refused to elaborate
| on the issue, the general consensus is that it's one of botched thermal
| design management and inadequate dissipation of heat leading to component
| failure.
`----

http://www.fastsilicon.com/latest-news/microsoft-admits-all-xbox360s-are-defective.html?Itemid=60

Raikes and Other Exits

,----[ Quote ]
| It's weird that Mini and all the commenters here have failed to notice the
| mass exodus from the Xbox team in 2007. By my count, more than 15% of the
| ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| product team (dev/PM/test) have left Microsoft for Apple, Sony, Google,
| Yahoo, MySpace, Amazon, and various other companies (including several
| startups, local and in the Valley).
`----

http://minimsft.blogspot.com/2008/01/raikes-and-other-exits.html

Microsoft facing $1bn Xbox bill

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft, has not revealed how many of its machines have suffered the
| problem, but said the number was "bigger than we are comfortable with."

Gates deposition videos

,----[ Quote ]
| Boies: Do you remember that in January, 1996, a lot of OEMs were
| bundling non-Microsoft browsers?
|
| Gates: I'm not sure.
|
| Boies: What were the non-Microsoft browsers that you were
| concerned about in January of 1996?
|
| Gates: What's the question? You're trying to get me to recall
| what other browsers I was thinking about when I wrote that sentence?
|
| Boies: No, because you've told me that you don't know what you
| were thinking about when you wrote that sentence.
|
| Gates: Right.
|
| Boies: What I'm trying to do is get you to tell me what
| non-Microsoft browsers you were concerned about in January of
| 1996. If it had been only one, I probably would have used the
| name of it. Instead I seem to be using the term non-Microsoft
| browsers. My question is what non-Microsoft browsers were you
| concerned about in January of 1996?
|
| Gates: I'm sure -- what's the question? Is it -- are you asking
| me about when I wrote this e-mail or what are you asking me about?
|
| Boies: I'm asking you about January of 1996.
|
| Gates: That month?
|
| Boies: Yes, sir.
|
| Gates: And what about it?
|
| Boies: What non-Microsoft browsers were you concerned about in
| January of 1996?
|
| Gates: I don't know what you mean "concerned."
|
| Boies: What is it about the word "concerned" that you don't
| understand?
|
| Gates: I'm not sure what you mean by it.
`----

http://wincent.com/a/about/wincent/weblog/archives/2007/02/gates_depositio.php

Gates Deposition Audio and Video

,----[ Quote ]