[News] [Rival] Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Boosts Its 'Jackass' Image with NASCAR
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 16:08:53 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft's latest marketing vehicle: NASCAR

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft plans to sponsor a NASCAR team for the 2008 season in a bid to
| boost the profile of its offerings for small businesses.
`----

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/135166.asp?source=rss

Last week:

Microsoft apparently hopes that a "Jackass" can up its hip quotient and
increase market share

,----[ Quote ]
| This came to my inbox this morning from a reader who shall remain nameless. I
| found it sort of interesting.
|
| [...]
|
| Perhaps this new campaign is the opening salvo to be launched by Microsoft's
| newly hired advertising agency, Crispin Porter & Bogusky, the "it" agency of
| the moment in the advertising world.
`----

http://cajunboyinthecity.blogspot.com/2008/03/microsoft-apparently-hopes-that-jackass.html

Feeling Dumb? Microsoft Says MSN Can Help

,----[ Quote ]
| Google's informal code of conduct is 'Don't Be Evil,' a reflection of its
| commitment to not exploiting its users. But a new Microsoft ad campaign is
| sending an altogether different message: 'Don't Be Dumb.'
`----

http://www.crn.com/software/206905139

Related:

WhatsWrongWithU