[News] Canonical Looking to Get More Ubuntu Linux Preinstall Partners

  • Subject: [News] Canonical Looking to Get More Ubuntu Linux Preinstall Partners
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 13:22:09 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
All About Linux 2008: An interview with Gerry Carr of Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| CrunchGear The deal you guys got with Dell is pretty significant, and
| Microsoft isn’t happy about it. Are there any other major deals of this
| nature in the work?
|
| Gerry Carr We’re of course looking to get a bunch of pre-installed partners,
| we’re working to make that happen, but that’s something for them to announce,
| not us. We’ll see it more with smaller vendors, some of which are shipping
| now.
`----

http://www.crunchgear.com/2008/03/27/all-about-linux-2008-an-interview-with-gerry-carr-of-ubuntu/

Another new interview:

Video: Mark Proctor

,----[ Quote ]
| We got the chance to talk to a lot of developers at JBoss World, including
| Mark Proctor. In case you don’t know the name, he’s the leader of the Drools
| project, also known as JBoss Rules to the enterprise folks.
`----

http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2008/03/27/video-mark-proctor/

Related and recent:

Feeling the heat at Microsoft