Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft is Running Smear Campaigns Against OOXML Opposition

> ____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 20 March 2008 12:28 : \____
>
>> [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> It should be.
>>>
>>> At the very least, this Microsoft employee should be hunted down and
>>> "outed", in exactly the same way as certain other malevolent forces have
>>> done to their respective antagonists (Groklaw, Wikileaks, Patent Troll
>>> Tracker).
>>>

>> It's hard to get a good grip on the problem.  Microsoft seem able to do
>> this in such a distributed fashion that putting ones finger on any
>> particular wrongdoing and tracking it back to the instigator is quite
>> tricky.
>>
>> The only defence I'm aware of is to expose the problems on the internet
>> for the world to see.
>
> This has just been done in NZ's computing press. Named and shamed. As Glyn
> Moody said in relation to this incident yesterday, no wonder people in
> technology hate Microsoft.

Presumably, once enough examples have been found, the default assumption
will be of ill-advised or even dishonest behaviour, rather than any
genuine attempt to do the right thing.

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |