[News] Good Reviews of the Latest Ubuntu GNU/Linux Beta

Hardy Beta: Ooh La La

,----[ Quote ]
| For a while now I have been running hardy in VMWare and on my secondary
| laptop, and I generally migrate my main work machine to a new Ubuntu when the
| beta comes out. An Ubuntu beta is a great opportunity to really test Ubuntu
| and ensure it is as bug free as possible, so go and check it out. Think of it
| like building a huge wall, if we each put in one brick, together we can make
| something pretty darn solid.
`----

http://www.jonobacon.org/?p=1165

Hands-On with Ubuntu 8.04 Beta

,----[ Quote ]
| When you turn on your television, it’s hard to avoid those Mac vs. PC
| commercials. They’re clever, funny, and also misleading. Judging by those
| commercials, the average non-techie consumer would assume that those are the
| only two computing platforms available, which would be quite erroneous.
| Linux, the operating system that powers the Asus Eee PC and Everex CloudBook,
| comes in a variety of flavors, but the current face of the alternative OS is
| Ubuntu.
`----

http://blog.laptopmag.com/hands-on-with-ubuntu-804-beta

Related:

Feeling the heat at Microsoft

| you who is Microsoft's biggest competitor now, who would it be?

| to go with that.
`----

http://www.news.com/Feeling-the-heat-at-Microsoft/2008-1012_3-6232458.html?tag=ne.fd.mnbc

Microsoft says to borrow money for Yahoo deal

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp said on Monday it may borrow money for the first time in its
| history to fund a portion of its $44.6 billion unsolicited offer for Yahoo
| Inc.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/companyNews/idUSN0455692920080205

"Dear Microsoft": An open letter to Microsoft regarding the outsourcing of
jobs.

,----[ Quote ]
| Don't get it twisted: I don't have a problem with you outsourcing
| jobs to people that will work for next-to-nothing. It's just
| getting a bit out of hand, don't you think? I mean, there's no
| point trying to fool me.
`----

http://www.lastnameball.com/RantsandTirades/Pages/DearMicrosoft.html

Microsoft India centre working on Windows 7

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.moneycontrol.com/india/news/business/microsoft-india-centre-workingwindows-7/09/56/296305