[News] Debian GNU/Linux Chosen for Educational System

Debian Linux powers science education device

,----[ Quote ]
| An education supplies company has announced a portable science education
| computer that runs embedded Debian Linux. Pasco says it designed its
| sensor-equipped Spark Science Learning System for collaborative science
| experiments by students, for example measuring cond   uctivity or tracking
| temperature changes.

Governments Must Reject Gates' $3 Bid to Addict Next Billion PC Users

,----[ Quote ]
| Specifically, Bill Gates, citing China as an example, said:
|
|   "Although about 3 million computers get sold every year in China, but
|   people don't pay for the software," he said. "Someday they will, though.
|   As long as they are going to steal it, we want them to steal ours.
|   They'll get sort of addicted, and then we'll somehow figure out how to
|   collect sometime in the next decade."[1]
`----

http://www.cybersource.com.au/press/gates_set_to_addict_next_billion.html

Batavia parents to shell out for back-to-school

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.kcchronicle.com/articles/2007/07/27/news/local/doc46a9cc9908105330494432.txt