[News] Open Source Advantage in Digital Signage, Open Source Fakers Join In

  • Subject: [News] Open Source Advantage in Digital Signage, Open Source Fakers Join In
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 15:36:17 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Open-Source Technology in Digital Signage

,----[ Quote ]
| Open Source and Free software have transformed the software business. Instead
| of spending hundreds of thousands of dollars and getting locked in, we have
| been given freedom. Freedom to be our own equipment's boss; freedom to share;
| and freedom to benefit from cooperation and hence from what thousands of
| others have already done.
|
| Many Digital Signage providers use Open Source both in the products like
| Media Players, and to run their operations cost-effectively. By doing so,
| they can concentrate on our “real” work: the products and services that they
| sell. Without OSS, there would not be an Internet today. There would also not
| be as many Digital Signage companies.
`----

http://www.marcelgagne.com/node/555

SingleClick Links To Open Source Wireless Database

,----[ Quote ]
| SingleClick Systems is trying to boost the amount of mobile content available
| by integrating its software with support for the open source Wireless
| Universal Resource File (WURFL).
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/software/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=206905711

Open source management invades the enterprise

,----[ Quote ]
| GroundWork Open Source this week introduced an enterprise-level version of
| its open source network management software the company says can take on
| managing thousands of devices across large distributed environments.
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/newsletters/nsm/2008/0324nsm2.html

Sun wants some love:

CommunityOne Free and Open Developer Conference Returns for Second Year

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20080325005552&newsLang=en