[News] DRM a Lost Cause Also in Video

Hooray! Blu-ray BD+ hacked!

,----[ Quote ]
| Cool.
|
| Is unbreakable consumer copy protection possible?
| It sure doesn’t look like it. After all, consumers have access to:
|
|    1. The protected data
|    2. The device that can read the protected data
|    3. The unprotected data - via HDMI
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/storage/?p=306

Developers wanted, or: the state of accelerated video on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| First thing which came to my mind, and which I pointed out to him without
| much thinking and/or reading is the fact that under free software and
| operating systems, we won’t be able to play DRM‘ed stuff like Blu-Ray discs
| with Hollywood movies. That leaves the question of HDTV being able to be
| received and played.
`----

http://wolfgang.lonien.de/?p=612

Not true anymore.

Related:

Blu-ray cracked too?

,----[ Quote ]
| It's still early on to tell whether this is actually true, but HD DVD
| cracker muslix64 is back, and with the help of another anti-DRM
| cracker, Janvitos, claims to have also broken the Blu-ray's
| implementation of AACS.
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/20/blu-ray-cracked-too/

Big labels are f*cked, and DRM is dead - Peter Jenner

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/11/03/peter_jenner/