[News] Joint Red Hat Survey Studies FOSS, Disruptive Wi-Fi Mesh Runs Linux

  • Subject: [News] Joint Red Hat Survey Studies FOSS, Disruptive Wi-Fi Mesh Runs Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 14:21:38 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Presens IT conducts Open Source Survey with Red Hat

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://carolinanewswire.com/news/News.cgi?database=01news.db&command=viewone&id=2138&op=t

,----[ Quote ]
| I've been following the development of mesh wifi technology for several years
| now. From the moment I first grokked what was going on with it, it struck me
| as a great disruptive technology. One of the most successful early projects,
| and one that I followed with a great deal of interest was MIT's Roofnet
| project - an implementation of commodity hardware and open source software,
| built on Linux, which provides wifi coverage for MIT's campus.
`----

http://www.virishi.net/from-happy-hacking-screw-you-story-meraki

Related:

Linux powers $50 wireless mesh router

,----[ Quote ]
| Meraki was founded by CEO Sanjit Biswas, and is based in Mountain
| View, Calif. In February, it closed a $5 million funding round led
| by Google and Sequoia Capital.

Meshcom launches software for Linux access points

,----[ Quote ]
| Meshcom OpenAP Firmware is built on top of OpenWRT open source project
| and is available initially for Linksys WRT54GL Linux Access Points.
`----

http://www.dmeurope.com/default.asp?ArticleID=24484

CodeMesh Announces Support For Red Hat Enterprise Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| CodeMesh, provider of solutions for integrating programming
| languages, announced its support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4. In
| order to provide maximum customer flexibility, CodeMesh supports both
| 32bit and 64bit versions of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.
`----

http://linux.sys-con.com/read/305145_p.htm

BT's Home Hub runs on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| BT's wireless broadband router Home Hub may be in breach of the
| terms of Linux's General Public License, after it emerged the
| device runs on open source code.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/22/bt_breaking_gpl/

Beef Up Your Wireless Router