Re: [News] Emacs Inspired by Big Software Project

____/ Linonut on Monday 24 March 2008 15:47 : \____

>> Neat features in Eclipse editor
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| From:         Richard Stallman
>>| Subject:      Neat features in Eclipse editor
>>| Date:         Sat, 22 Mar 2008 17:45:52 -0400
>>|
>>| I just got a demo of the Eclipse editor and saw these features
>>| which we should have in Emacs.
>>|
>>| * Having tabs above a window to switch buffers in it.
>
> Hell, vim supports tabs already.

How about AdBlock?

>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2008-03/msg02254.html
>>
>> A lot of software was inspired by Emacs as well. Even Microsoft try to
>> 'steal' it.
>
> Sssssh.  The correct word is "innovate".

That's just fancy terminology/codeword for "extending (to destroy) standards."

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Ping this IP, see if it responds the second time"
Mem:    515500k total,   348664k used,   166836k free,    12228k buffers