Re: Using AIDS to promote Linux products?

____/ spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx on Sunday 23 March 2008 18:33 : \____

> Hadron <hadronquark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:
>>> Nearly every top university CS program includes one or more compiler
>>> courses.  They are not always *required* courses, but they are there.
>
>> It would seem that Andrew's claims about his "BSc CS" are almost
>> certainly Rexx'esque if he finds it unbelievable that a CS Degree might
>> have a component of Compiler design.
>
> Nope. I never said that and you know it.
> A course, an entire course, which is compulsary however.
> In this environment, is utterly stupid.
> NOT everyone taking computer science is interested in how things like
> compilers work to the degree that they need to write their own.
>
> That's what modularisation's all about. And I think you'll be hard pressed
> to find a university that isn't modularised by now.

I've just followed that Google Groups link to a post where I made the statement
which The "Tim Smith" Entity is referring to. Yes, I said that and Tim's
rebuttal makes no sense. Motorola does not ask you to buy phones in order to
help fight AIDS (or plant trees). Recycling is a separate matter altogether.

Also, in GG, without the filters, I keep seeing these lies about my
qualifications. I graduated from a 5*-rated department (RAE), which is the
highest rating in the country. In fact, I almost did my Ph.D. in Cambridge
university, but that doesn't stop the Munchkins from spreading lies.

What type of agents and fans does Microsoft attract?

"Fat operating systems spend most of their energy supporting their own fat."
        --Nicholas Negroponte, MIT Media Lab, rediff.com, Apr 2006
         run-level 2  2008-03-19 11:51                   last=