Re: [News] [Rival] The V in Microsoft's "Hyper-V" is [V]apourware

____/ Jerry McBride on Saturday 22 March 2008 23:43 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> More than half of Microsoft Vista needs re-writing
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | "Up to 60% of the code in the new consumer version of Microsoft new
>> | Vista operating system is set to be rewritten..."
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=30516
>
> That's an old article, but none the less very timely... here's the part I
> like the most....
>
> "Vole has shifted programmers from its Xbox team to help resolve many
> problems associated with entertainment and media centre functionality
> inside the OS. They are also working with Intel's Viiv team engineers and
> it is believed that Viiv could also be stalled to line up with Vista's
> launch."
>
> It just proves that VISTA is a game... and nothing more... It probably runs
> half decent on a XBOX360...

Microsoft made similar large swaps between the Office and Windows development
teams and leadership. I could dig up the references if you are interested.
Additionally, an exodus of XBox360 programmers and engineers was reported
(maybe leaked) by an insider.

I can hardly think of a single product other than Office that hasn't been
derailed by Microsoft's own incompetence. WHS, Vista, Longhorn, Zune, XBox,
search...

ODF is causing pains to Office, but that product is still profitable to
Microsoft.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    $> wget -r -erobots=off http://www.*