[News] Linksys NSLU2: New Version (Unslung Linux Firmware), Recommendation Also

  • Subject: [News] Linksys NSLU2: New Version (Unslung Linux Firmware), Recommendation Also
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 08:19:25 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
BarracudaDrive for Linksys NSLU2

,----[ Quote ]
| We have released a free version of the BarracudaDrive application server for
| NSLU2 and the Unslung Linux firmware.
`----

http://barracudadrive.net/blog/2008/03/BarracudaDrive-for-Linksys-NSLU2

Linksys NSLU2 - A Great Linux Box

,----[ Quote ]
| I highly recommend the Linksys NSLU2 to anyone wanting to play around with
| Linux. It is so easy to get started with and they can easily be picked up for
| under $100.
`----

http://www.thelinuxblog.com/linksys-nslu2-linux-box/

Related:

Five new firmware releases target Linux-based "Slug"

,----[ Quote ]
| An online developer community that distributes alternative Linux-based
| firmware for a low-cost networked attached storage (NAS) device has announced
| five new firmware releases. NSLU2-linux.org's newly available downloads for
| the LinkSys NSLU2 (aka "SLUG") include new Unslung, SlugOS, OpenWrt,
| Angstrom, and Debian Linux releases.

Small Linux-powered NAS device attracts a community

,----[ Quote ]
| If you have difficulties finding Raidsonic products in your country, the
| Taiwanese maker Macpower offers a product called Taurus LAN which is
| hardware-identical to the described IcyBox.
`----

http://wolfgang.lonien.de/?p=514

Free open-source storage software attracts users

,----[ Quote ]
| Open source storage software is available to address a number of user
| needs, attracting tens of thousands of users who are turning to open
| source to avoid pricey proprietary products
`----

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;2151292;fp;4;fpid;1968336438

NEC's NAS redefines 'revolutionary'

,----[ Quote ]