Re: Vista: when your time is free

> Heck. I think my machines at work and at home are only worth about 50 quid.
> Madness what people put up with...

My latest laptop only cost me $300 at the used computer store.  Its
a HP Pavilion with 80GB harddrive, DVD/CD burner, 1GB RAM and a 1.8 GHz
AMD Turion 64 CPU.  It runs Ubuntu 7.10 like a champ.  I'm posting via
it right now.  I would be curious to see how Vista would perform on
this, but I'm not about to waste the money on a copy of it, and I'm
not sure I could bring myself to delete my Ubuntu install even if
someone gave me a free copy of Vista.

I still have an old Sony Picturebook with only 64MB of RAM and a
266MHz CPU that runs Linux just fine.  As an X terminal for working
from out on the deck it is great.  It pages a bit when running
firefox locally, but is still usable.  Even OpenOffice will load
and run, though you might want to get a cup of coffee while it
first starts.  :)

Thad
all the ingredients on the label.