[News] [Rival] Swisher: Microsoft Uses Wrong Bait, Targets Wrong Fish (Google and Yahoo)

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Swisher: Microsoft Uses Wrong Bait, Targets Wrong Fish (Google and Yahoo)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 05:46:30 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Why Doesn’t Microsoft Buy Time Warner? AOL, Bebo, AIM and Harry Potter!

,----[ Quote ]
| You could feel the testiness jump right over the phone from several people
| close to Microsoft whom I spoke to about Yahoo’s latest gambit to sell its
| blue-sky growth plan to Wall Street.
|
| [...]
|
| For the same high, high price, why not take all that money and buy AOL and
| the giant media conglomerate attached to it?"
`----

http://kara.allthingsd.com/20080320/why-doesnt-microsoft-buy-time-warner-aol-bebo-aim-and-harry-potter/

Microsoft should be more concerned about GNU/Linux. Ballmer is.

Related:

Microsoft Executive To Testify At Google, DoubleClick Hearing

,----[ Quote ]
| The hearing will examine the "risks for competition and privacy" of Google's
| planned $3.1 billion acquisition of online-advertising company DoubleClick,
| according to a posting on the Senate Judiciary Committee Web site.
`----

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/djhighlights/200709211644DOWJONESDJONLINE000729.htm

Google Apps Catches Flak

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is launching an anti-Google propaganda campaign.
`----

http://blogs.wsj.com/biztech/2007/09/11/google-apps-catches-flak/?mod=yahoo_hs

Google denies its Apps just a Microsoft Office add-on

,----[ Quote ]
| Google staff don't like the suggestion that their own employees depend mostly
| on Microsoft Office even as Google Apps makes headway into the enterprise
| collaboration and e-mail market.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=1697987130&rid=-50

Microsoft trying to derail Google/DoubleClick deal by lobbying congress

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has hired lobbying firm Patton Boggs LLC to do work on "competitive
| issues surrounding Google/DoubleClick [sic] merger."
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070816-microsoft-spends-40000-to-lobby-congress-about-googledoubleclick-merger.html

Yahoo!, Microsoft ink web pact with Chinese government

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft and Yahoo! have signed a pact with the Chinese government
| that "encourages" the big name web players to record the identities of
| bloggers and censor content. So says Reporters Without Borders, an
| organization that fights for journalistic rights across the globe.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/08/24/yahoo_and_microsoft_ink_chinese_blogging_pact/

Microsoft, Yahoo Tailor Ads To Users' Behavior

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://investors.com/editorial/IBDArticles.asp?artsec=17&issue=20070823