Re: [News] Huge Blow to OOXML in India: Loses 13 to 5 (Microsoft Briberies Unfruitful)

____/ [H]omer on Thursday 20 March 2008 23:04 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Breaking News: India's Final Vote On MS Office File Standard Is 'NO'
>
> The Vole said:
>
> [quote]
> We hoped that 98.73% of the total 1027 comments from all National Bodies
> stood resolved at the BRM would be welcomed by the BIS, as it has been
> by the National Bodies of numerous countrie(s)
> [/quote]
>
> Sounds impressive when they put it like that, doesn't it? However ...
>
> [quote]
> 80%+ of the resolutions of the BRM were resolved by a ballot, without
> discussion, without taking into account any dissenting views, without
> reconciling any arguments. Indeed, there was not any opportunity to even
> raise an objection to an issue decided by the ballot. Many of the issues
> were decided in 6-5 or 7-6 split votes, with no discussion. How can that
> be said to be a consensus? This is an utter failure to follow the
> cardinal principles of JTC1 process.
> [/quote]
>
> http://www.robweir.com/blog/2008/03/art-of-being-mugged.html
>
> That makes the Vole's "98.73%" somewhat less impressive.
>
> Let's hope India's delegates are not the only one's who understand this.

Microsoft lies a lot. It has no shame.

More about it shortly.

PJ thinks Microsoft could get sued for deception.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "All your archives are (sic) belong to Google"
 01:00:01 up 1 day, 13:09,  4 users,  load average: 0.62, 0.95, 1.33