Re: 52,000,000 Linux Deployment - Counters Troll Lies of 0.6% Market Share

____/ High Plains Thumper on Friday 09 May 2008 08:31 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> High Plains Thumper on Thursday :
>>
>>> http://ec.europa.eu/idabc/en/document/7386/469

>>> LOLROTF!  Bomp, bomp, bomp, another 180,000 Microsoft
>>> licenses bite the dust!
>>
>> Think large.
>>
>> Deploying KDE to 52 million young people
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> By the end of this year 29,000 labs serving some 32,000,000
>>> students will be fully deployed and in active use.
>>>
>>> By the end of next year (2009) those numbers will have
>>> swelled to 53,000 labs serving some 52,000,000 students.
>> `----
>>
>> http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2008/04/deploying-kde-to-52-million-young.html
>>
>> Now, that's nothing to sneeze at.
>
> This is good news.  It counters the troll lies that Linux is
> going nowhere, has only 0.6% market share, etc. etc. etc. ad nauseum.
>
> We have a bunch of wimpish trolls.  I watched DFS slink away from
> one of my previous posts.  They cannot counter the truth.

Well, that's just the desktop, too. ;-)

Whatever the /real/ number on the 'desktop' is (I see 40% in one of my sites,
but that's just a niche), bear in mind that many Linux devices are out there
and they don't identify themselves as Linux. Linux is the king of embedded
devices, large computers and it is the fastest-growing platform for servers.

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    GPL'd 3-D Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
 16:20:01 up 24 days, 14:32,  3 users,  load average: 0.71, 1.24, 0.92