Re: What Makes GNU/Linux Microsoft's #1 Rival

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Tim Smith
<reply_in_group@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Thu, 08 May 2008 13:19:45 -0700
<reply_in_group-ACF2DA.13194408052008@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> In article <712cf5-0j7.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>  The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Apple has its own issues.  One of them is that they have
>> the notion of quality / fadness / etc., honed to a fairly
>> high art.  How useful is the iPhone, really?  The Mac Air?
>> And yet, both of them are considered cool and now and hip
>> and neat and rad and sick and whatever the lingo is nowadays...
>>
>> (My nx9010 has a floppy, a DVD reader, and space for a true
>> hard drive.  Granted, flash drives are neat nowadays, but the
>> Air needs an *external* DVD unit to read DVDs.)
>
> Did you really mean nx9010 there, or is that a typo?
>
> When I Google for nx9010, I find some HP laptop that
> is very heavy and has a small screen--not something I
> would think one would compare to an Air.

The nx9010 is the one I have. ;-)  It's not the most
modern of units.  And yes, it's quite heavy; I get
good exercise just carrying my briefcase containing it.
(As it turns out, it just fits in my briefcase.  A larger
display would not.)

I don't pretend to be hip, just hopefully well-informed.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Useless C/C++ Programming Idea #12398234:
void f(char *p) {char *q = strdup(p); strcpy(p,q);}