[News] GNU/Linux Faster Than XP; Microsoft Gives Up on Compatibility in XP SP3

Does a Linux OS perform better than a Windows ?

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux not only is more secure but at times cuts down on many irrelavant
| applications and cookie downloads.
`----

http://www.itvoir.com/portal/boxx/knowledgebase.asp?iid=668&Cat=23

Microsoft warns of IE7 lock-in with XP SP3

,----[ Quote ]
| The warning first appeared in a post Monday to a company blog written by the
| Internet Explorer (IE) development team. Microsoft released Windows XP SP3 to
| Windows Update as an optional download Tuesday.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9083318

Recent:

Linux Eee PC Far Faster Than Windows Version

,----[ Quote ]
| Startup
| Linux: 30 seconds - Windows: 54 seconds
| Launching Firefox