Re: Scoble dumps MS Office

____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 07 May 2008 06:58 : \____

>> ____/ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Wednesday 30 April 2008 23:12 : \____
>>
>>> <Quote>
>>> My Microsoft Office trial is over. I am not spending $450 just to get
>>> Outlook. Gmail and Google Calendar win this game: big time.
>>> </Quote>
>>>
>>> http://twitter.com/Scobleizer/statuses/800474897
>>
>> We'll be seeing more such stories, but not many people will Twit about it
>> (or be noticed). Didn't the sales of Office sink along with Windows in that
>> last report? I can't recall for sure.
>>
>> Microsoft tries to move online (and give ODF the elbow) for a reason.
>>

> We're in the end-game, now.

Just spotted in the news:

"But as Scoble adds, the problems with Vista have already damaged the Microsoft
brand - and more important, it has negatively affected the company's market
share. Microsoft has never had to deal with such issues before. It will be
interesting to see what the company does to try to recover."

http://www.kristv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8244682

Ouch.

Remember: this guy used to be Microsoft's chief cheerleader.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | while (!0==1) echo 'Bill Gates' > /dev/null
Swap:  1510068k total,   375884k used,  1134184k free,    63728k cached