[News] MySQL Extensions Stay Free Software After All (Sun Backtracks)

MySQL Server is Open Source, even Backup extensions

,----[ Quote ]
| As reported yesterday from CommunityOne:
|
|     * MySQL Server is and will always remain fully functional and open
|       source,
|     * so will the MySQL Connectors, and
|     * so will the main storage engines we ship.
|
| In addition:
|
|     * MySQL 6.0’s pending backup functionality will be open source,
|     * the MyISAM driver for MySQL Backup will be open source, and
|     * the encryption and compression backup features will be open source,
`----

http://blogs.mysql.com/kaj/2008/05/06/mysql-server-is-open-source-even-backup-extensions/

The pressure paid off!

JavaOne: Day -1

,----[ Quote ]
| Today things kicked off with CommunityOne, the “free and open developer
| conference,” featuring a good variety of sessions and representations from
| across the open source spectrum.
`----

http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2008/05/06/javaone-day-1/

Recent: