Re: Ballmer just farted in Yang's bowl of wonton soup

____/ Linonut on Monday 05 May 2008 12:44 : \____

>>> MS just kills everything it touches.
>>
>> Steve Ballmer touches himself a lot. Just watch how he rubs the back of his
>> neck like a primate several times a minutes, even in interviews. When
>> Microsoft's CEO touched himself (Ballmer appointment was in 2001, IIRC) the
>> loss of the company's savings began.
>
> While this kind of stuff is simply juvenile crap, I can't help free-
> associating here.
>
>    Touched?  As in "touched by an uncle"?  Is that Uncle Fester?  Or a
>    monkey's uncle!  Or should I just say "uncle"?
>
> Got that off my chest.

Eeew...

Well, I guess the point I was trying to make (all the supporting references
aside) was that, based on something I read yesterday, Ballmer is on an ego
mania trip or as the article called it -- "competition zealotry" (can't recall
the exact wording they used, but it's related to hubris). Ballmer just buys
companies whom he envies or buys whatever it takes to destroy those that
de-elevate his ego. As a matter of fact, Chris, he has burned a lot of
Microsoft cash and found some justification to avoid being sacked (growth
through acquisitions is expensive). A couple of years ago there was an
internal backlash against him, calling for the man to leave.

Many of Microsoft's acquisitions did not pay off because the cash cows
are /not/ acquisitions and they rely on lock-in. The same goes for Google
whose bread and butter is search. Google's acquisitions are not always
profitable and nothing in comparison with the search/ad disvision.

> As far as mannerisms go, very early on in our project, years ago, when
> it has a total hack, one of the principals tooks to gnawing at his
> fingers out of nervousness.
>
> I shared an office with him for awhile, and was most unamused to find
> him with his socks off, grooming his toenails.  I never wanted to touch
> his keyboard ever again.

*LOL*

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Have you hugged your penguin today?
Swap:  1510068k total,   561708k used,   948360k free,    34624k cached