[News] A Look at the Latest *buntus, Including gNewSense 2.0

Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu 8.04: A Preliminary Look

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall, what we’re seeing with Ubuntu 8.04, in all its flavors, is a
| refinement of the user experience through the interface, be it GNOME, KDE, or
| Xfce; a stabler and more intuitive installation path; a friendlier boot
| loader (GRUB); and updates to the base applications and file management
| features. File sharing and virtualization of Windows have also received some
| attention, so that you’ll be on firmer ground than ever for playing nicely
| with XP and even Vista on the same machine as your Linux installation.
`----

http://dailyrevolution.net/?p=1183

Hidden Linux: Hardy - The way I like it (Part II)

,----[ Quote ]
| Here's some more setups I used on my laptop configuring Ubuntu 8.04
| (aka "Hardy Heron") so it's just the way I like it.
`----

http://blogs.pcworld.co.nz/pcworld/tux-love/2008/05/hidden_linux_hardy_the_way_i_l_1.html

gNewSense 2.0

,----[ Quote ]
| GIMP, Pidgin, and OpenOffice are installed. Firefox is not (it's MPL, not
| GPL-licensed). If you either don't know the difference between the two or
| don't care, I understand. Epiphany is the default web browser.
|
| Aside from a few additions to the lineup (Emacs, GCC and the text-based BSD
| games package) pretty much everything else is the same default program setup
| as Ubuntu.
|
| I noticed a few holdovers in the Add/Remove programs menu that I was
| surprised by. There was a check box for NDISWrapper and the Nvidia drivers.
`----

http://www.techiemoe.com/tech/gnewsense2.htm

Recent:

French police deal blow to Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| The French paramilitary police force said Wednesday it is ditching Microsoft
| for the free Linux operating system, becoming one of the biggest
| administrations in the world to make the break.
`----

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5iU4Lq7tOR_WVOJLZ3IeRaIH03x6w

Feeling the heat at Microsoft

| you who is Microsoft's biggest competitor now, who would it be?

| to go with that.
`----

http://www.news.com/Feeling-the-heat-at-Microsoft/2008-1012_3-6232458.html?tag=ne.fd.mnbc

The brazilian Election Supreme Court migrates 430 thousand voting machines to
GNU / Linux

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://techforce.com.br/index.php/news/linux_blog/tse_migrates_to_linux