[News] Ireland Hosts Open Source Technology Conference

Irish Open Source Technology Conference 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| The IOTC 2008 agenda is a multi track multi session affair and we still have
| opportunities for you, the Irish Open Source Community to participate.
`----

http://www.irishdev.com/blogs/irish_open_source_technology_conference_2008/archive/2008/05/01/5705.aspx

SugarCRM to Support Irish Open Source Conference

,----[ Quote ]
| BT officials say they will offer its customers “the full array” of SugarCRM
| software products. The offerings include Sugar Professional as well as Sugar
| Enterprise. Both of these software products are available as traditional
| On-Site deployments, or delivered over the Web via the software-as-a-service
| model.
`----

http://www.tmcnet.com/channels/open-source-crm/articles/26822-sugarcrm-support-irish-open-source-conference.htm
http://tinyurl.com/6pczwj

Yesterday (tax games):

Microsoft Ireland slashes US dividend as profits rise

,----[ Quote ]
| The dividend payment is roughly half the almost €3bn the Irish subsidiary
| remitted to the US headquarters in the financial year ended June 2006.
`----

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/microsoft-ireland-slashes-us-dividend-as-profits-rise-1364208.html

Related:

Irish IT licensing investment falling short

,----[ Quote ]
| Irish companies are increasingly recognising the value of
| technology licensing but are not investing enough in the process,
| according to Enterprise Ireland.
|
| Irish companies invested roughly Euro1.4bn in research and development
| in 2006, but only five per cent of this was spent on licensing.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/12/19/enterprise_ireland_sme_licensing/

Ireland Votes No with Comments

,----[ Quote ]
| After months of intensive review, analysis and discussion, NSAI has voted
| Disapproval - with Technical Comments, in respect of the OOXML submission.
| This effectively is a qualified yes, whereby Ireland has some technical
| issues with the submission. If the Technical Comments are satisfactorily
| resolved and incorporated into a new draft, the vote is subsequently amended
| to Approval.
`----

http://www.nsai.ie/index.cfm/area/news/action/article/information/xml

Open Ireland - Open Source Software in Ireland

,----[ Quote ]
| A report funded by the European Commission and recently published
| found that open source software could offer considerable saving to
| organisations with little effect on their business.
|
| The author of the report ( known as the FLOSS Report), Rishab Aiyer
| Ghosh will lead a panel of distinguished and knowledgeable speakers
| in an an engaging conference.
`----

http://www.irishdev.com/EventDetails.aspx?id=712

The 1st Skynet Conference on Computers & I.T.

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://skycon.skynet.ie/