[News] [Rival] Many Inconsistent Reports on Yahoo/Microsoft

No idea what is happening... too many different stories are told.

Microsoft May Be Running Out of Time on Yahoo Deal

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp. Chief Executive Officer Steve Ballmer may be running out of
| time to clinch his proposed purchase of Yahoo! Inc. as the Internet company
| forges tighter ties with Google Inc.
`----

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=aI.ourU2WiIw&refer=news

Microsoft set to raise Yahoo! bid to $46.2bn

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft, the world's largest software maker, is said to be willing to raise
| its offer for Yahoo!, the struggling internet portal, in an attempt to
| appease Yahoo! shareholders and break the stalemate between the companies.
`----

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/technology/article3853829.ece

Google Must Save Yahoo from Evil Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Google’s always been good at storytelling and being captivating. It’s a tale
| where Microsoft is the villain, and Google is the superhero. Google is not
| only rescuing the damsel in distress (Yahoo) but fighting for the right. It’s
| the tech drama of the year.
`----

http://www.marketingpilgrim.com/2008/05/google-must-save-yahoo-from-evil-microsoft.html

Microsoft close to making hostile bid for Yahoo!

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp was expected to go for a hostile bid to acquire Yahoo Inc.,
| with an announcement likely Friday, the Wall Street Journal has reported. But
| the paper cautioned that the situation was fluid as discussions continued at
| Microsoft. Earlier Thursday, Microsoft chief executive Steve Ballmer declined
| to indicate the software giant’s decision or when the company would announce
| its decision.
`----

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/world-news/microsoft-close-to-making-hostile-bid-for-yahoo_10044365.html

Microsoft should forget about Yahoo and buy AOL

,----[ Quote ]
| I think that with Microsoft's focused management, it could achieve the same
| turnaround at AOL that it is anticipating achieving with Yahoo, only it would
| not have to spend $45 billion.
`----

http://www.bloggingstocks.com/2008/05/01/microsoft-should-forget-about-yahoo-and-buy-aol/

Microsoft poised to detail next moves on Yahoo-CEO

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O: Quote, Profile, Research) Chief Executive Steve
| Ballmer said on Thursday that walking away from a deal with Yahoo remained
| one of "three big options" the company is weighing and to expect an
| announcement shortly.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssTechMediaTelecomNews/idUSN0148793520080502

Will Microsoft walk away from Yahoo bid?

,----[ Quote ]
| For weeks, analysts largely have been downplaying the possibility of
| Microsoft Corp. dropping its massive takeover bid for Yahoo Inc.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/microsoft-walk-away-yahoo-bid/story.aspx?guid=%7B6165EFC2-96BA-45CF-8E0D-79D6A5EDB809%7D&dist=msr_1

Recent:

Yahoo-Google Pact May Be Close

,----[ Quote ]
| Yahoo Inc. could announce an agreement to carry search advertisements from
| Google Inc. within a week, as it braces for Microsoft Corp. to go hostile or
| abandon its unsolicited acquisition offer for Yahoo, say people familiar with
| the matter.
`----

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120968562237161201.html

Another reason Microsoft should give up on Yahoo: Morale

,----[ Quote ]
| There’s been lots of back and forth about Microsoft and Ballmer being at risk
| of “losing face” if Microsoft gives up on its Yahoo acquisition plan. I feel
| as though there’s nothing embarassing about admitting your original idea was
| ill-advised, and after three months, you’ve realized you could better spend
| your billions elsewhere.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1366

Yahoogle? Microspace? It makes Google look good

,----[ Quote ]
| "We view Google as a winner," said Stanford Group analysts Clayton Moran and
| Frederick Moran in a report. They believe the new options have the potential
| to slow Microsoft's acquisition attempt, complicate already formidable
| integration challenges by Google rivals, and increase Google's share of the
| search market if Yahoo relies on it.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9916412-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Bear Stearns's Advice To Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| Co-founder Bill Gates can't be thrilled with watching
| Ballmer drain the company's cash. He didn't get so rich by buying at the top
| ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| of the market.
`----

http://www.forbes.com/technology/2008/03/17/microsoft-bear-stearns-tech-ebiz-cx_ec_0316msft.html

Microsoft says to borrow money for Yahoo deal

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp said on Monday it may borrow money for the first time in its
| history to fund a portion of its $44.6 billion unsolicited offer for Yahoo
| Inc.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/companyNews/idUSN0455692920080205

Microsoft's DreamSpark – What a Giveaway

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/microsofts-dreamspark-%E2%80%93-what-giveaway