[News] Mac OS X Rescued by GNU/Linux Live CDs

First Look: The Linux-Based Paragon Rescue Kit for Mac OS X Lite

,----[ Quote ]
| It had never occurred to me that you might be able to boot your Mac from
| Linux on a CD, and certainly the thought of using a Linux-based repair
| utility on a Mac never crossed my mind. But I went ahead and burned a disc
| and started up from it to see what it could do.
`----

http://db.tidbits.com/article/9598

Recent:

R1Soft Introduces First Windows Server Bare-Metal Restore Using Linux Live CD

,----[ Quote ]
| ...R1Soft provides its customers a bootable Linux Live CD ISO image
| compatible with most popular Windows Server storage and network devices.
| Administrators can initiate a restore by simply inserting the CD, powering
| on, and then selecting a point-in-time virtual full backup to restore from in
| the R1Soft CDP Server web interface.
`----

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20080422006858&newsLang=en

Linux, Unix more reliable than Windows