Re: Microsoft struggles with Vista's perceptions

____/ Ramon F Herrera on Thursday 01 May 2008 21:23 : \____

> On May 1, 4:16 pm, Ramon F Herrera <ra...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> "In the 15 months since Windows Vista had its mainstream launch,
>> Microsoft says it's made progress on a number of key metrics: things
>> like application compatibility, availability of drivers, performance,
>> reliability, and battery life.
>>
>> But there is one area where the company has struggled to gain ground:
>> how Vista is perceived.
>>
>> "There's certainly a perceptual gap there," Mike Nash, a Microsoft
>> corporate vice president, said in an interview Thursday."
>>
>> http://www.news.com/8301-13860_3-9933555-56.html
>>
>> I rest my case...
>>
>> -RFH
>>
>> "Perception is everything"
>>  - Some wise guy
>

> A multibillion dollar company should know better about public opinion
> research:
>
> "Mike Nash, a Microsoft corporate vice president [...] pointed to
> Microsoft research that shows that 86 percent of those actually using
> Vista would recommend it to a friend."
>

> There is a small yet crucial detail that Microsoft neglects. By human
> nature, people will have a strong tendency to support the use of a
> product with the characteristics of an OS. Saying: "No, I would not
> recommend Vista to a friend" is equivalent to acknowledging: "I am
> stupid buyer and I got screwed. They ripped me off.".
>
> -RFH

These people lie for a living. He's just doing a fine job...

...unlike Vista.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | http://debian.org
Mem:    515500k total,   445624k used,    69876k free,     1688k buffers