Re: [News] GNU/Linux Desktop Sales Program at Dell Thriving

____/ Matt on Thursday 01 May 2008 11:07 : \____

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9077678&intsrc=hm_list

>>> Absolutely if the Linux version and the Windows version of the same
>>> model were the same price, I would buy the Windows version and make it
>>> dual boot, in case I might need Windows.
>>>

>> But why would you need windows?
>

> What kind of bonehead question is that?
>

> < I personally think this is very broken
>> thinking, as it merely serves to maintain the proprietary lock-in
>> associated with the Windows platform in general.
>>
>> If they were the same price, I'd have the Linux version, myself.  Aside
>> from anything else, can you afford to buy the anti-virus?  Keep it up to
>> date? etc. etc.
>

> I believe you're one of the guys who said Linux has 17% of the market
> and growing to way more than that in 2008.

Where? On devices? It has more.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Open Source Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
 21:20:03 up 16 days, 19:32,  3 users,  load average: 1.18, 1.19, 1.02