[News] More Reasons Why Microsoft Cannot Be Ignored by GNU/Linux Users

Stop hating Microsoft?

,----[ Quote ]
| There are rabid MS haters and there are people like me who just distrust
| them.
|
| Let me guess. You are young. You grew up in an MS environment.
|
| Those of us who are old enough to remember computing before MS had a lock on
| everything are the people who most want to see MS drop in market share -- 60%
| would be enough to make everything even.
|
| We watched MS kill off great software. We watched them promise new features
| to keep people from moving to other software, then never delivering those
| features. We watched them lie in the press and on the stand. Many of
| the "haters" on the internet were developers for companies that MS knifed,
| often using unethical means.
`----

http://www.ibeentoubuntu.com/2008/04/stop-hating-microsoft.html

The "Slog"?

Microsoft says:

,----[ Quote ]
| "Ideally, use of the competing technology becomes associated with mental
| deficiency, as in, "he believes in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and OS/2."
| Just keep rubbing it in, via the press, analysts, newsgroups, whatever. Make
| the complete failure of the competition's technology part of the mythology of
| the computer industry. We want to place selection pressure on those companies
| and individuals that show a genetic weakness for competitors' technologies,
| to make the industry increasingly resistant to such unhealthy strains, over
| time."
`----

                        --- Microsoft, internal document
                        http://www.groklaw.net/pdf/Comes-3096.pdf