[News] Adobe Makes a Big Move Towards Transparency (SWF Specs Out *and* Safe)

Adobe moves to broaden Flash reach

,----[ Quote ]
| Open Screen is being spearheaded by Adobe. But the company is working with
| Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Qualcomm, Chunghwa Telecom, Samsung, Motorola, NTT
| Docomo, Toshiba, Verizon Wireless, ARM, Intel, Marvell, NBC, MTV, and the
| BBC. It's "a who's who in the industry," said David Wadhwani, general manager
| and vice president of the Platform Business Unit at Adobe.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9932688-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Adobe Drops Licensing Fees, Gives Away Flash For Devices

,----[ Quote ]
| Software maker Adobe announced Thursday that it would drop many of the
| licensing requirements attached to its Flash technology, which is used to
| display video and audio content on the web.
`----

http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/2008/04/adobe-drops-lic.html

Open Screen Project

http://www.adobe.com/openscreenproject/

Gnash developers will be delighted!

Recent:

Adobe Joins Linux Foundation But Forgets About Flash for Linux

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2008/03/adobe-joins-linux-foundation-b.html