Re: Ruben follows in Roy's footsteps, but fails to learn his lessons (was: MS Kills Dell Linux distribution)

____/ peterwn on Thursday 01 May 2008 04:53 : \____

> On May 1, 2:33 pm, Erik Funkenbusch <e...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 16:45:19 -0400, Ruben wrote:
>>
>> So, Ruben thinks he can follow in Roy's footsteps, but he fails to learn
>> even the few lessons Roy did.  He disregards usenet nettiquite in many
>> ways, including long signatures, long line lengths, and posting articles
>> without attribution or links to the originals (which is not just annoying,
>> but illegal).
>>
>> On top of that, he doesn't mark said articles like Roy does, because he
>> doesn't want people to be able to filter them out, which will only lead to
>> people filtering him out completely.
>>
>> So, COLA advocates, what say you about Ruben's behavior?

I say: "have a nice cup of STFU, Erik." Go away please, Munchkin.

> Ruben's posting must be factually accurate sinde Erik does not attempt
> to attack its substance but merely its form.
>
> Rather like the lawyer working for proprietary software clients who
> attacked the layout of the GPL because clauses were numbered from 0
> instead of 1 - as if any judge would be thrown by that.

Well, I've received some E-mails from people who say that vicious attacks by
the usual user accounts of anti-Linux brigadiers have gone active again (not
just in USENET). In Slashdot, for example, Microsoft shill Jeff Gold
(aka "AlexGr") is once again attacking Linux. He always does that. The level
of trolling in mailing lists and forums is claimed to have gone through up the
roof recently. You can use the "fanatic", "zealot", "tinfoil" and "paranoid"
labels all you want (in fact, as shown below, Microsoft strongly encourages
it). The Microsoft AstroTurfing is a fact. It's a reality, explained best by
Microsoft itself (Oops! That wasn't supposed to have leaked for 'public
consumption').

Microsoft must be worried.

,----[ Quote ]
| "Ideally, use of the competing technology becomes associated with mental
| deficiency, as in, "he believes in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and OS/2."
| Just keep rubbing it in, via the press, analysts, newsgroups, whatever. Make
| the complete failure of the competition's technology part of the mythology of
| the computer industry. We want to place selection pressure on those companies
| and individuals that show a genetic weakness for competitors' technologies,
| to make the industry increasingly resistant to such unhealthy strains, over
| time."
`----

--- Microsoft, internal document
http://www.groklaw.net/pdf/Comes-3096.pdf

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Ballmer O/S - so furious it may crash
Swap:  1510068k total,   640472k used,   869596k free,    46648k cached