[News] More Linux+ZFS Speculations, New LM_Sensors for Linux Released

I swear, this is not another Unixfication post

,----[ Quote ]
| Is Sun talking with Linus about moving ZFS to GPLv2, with the objective of
| fast tracking ZFS into a native Linux kernel implementation of the file
| system driver? Or is Linus considering moving the kernel to GPLv3, with Sun
| doing the same for OpenSolaris? Is Linux and Solaris DNA going to swap much
| quicker than previously thought?
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=8854

The GPLv3 was heavily FUDed. It's actually a great licence. Be careful of the
Microsoft-imposed FUD.

LM_Sensors 3.0.2 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| LM_Sensors 3.0 was originally released last year with the 3.0.1 release then
| coming out in late January, but succeeding that release is now LM_Sensors
| 3.0.2. This new Linux sensors release brings support to libsensors for
| virtual hardware monitoring devices (including the generic thermal zones to
| be introduced with the Linux 2.6.26 kernel)
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjQ3OQ

Earlier:

Linux and Sun Partnering?

,----[ Quote ]
| What happens when you get Linus Torvalds, Mr. Linux, together with Jeff
| Bonwick, Sun’s master of storage and creator of ZFS? Well, right now, we
| don’t know.
|
| All we know is that Bonwick has posted a trio of photos of himself and
| Torvalds on his blog under the mysterious title, Casablanca, with a couple of
| cryptic comments about chocolate and peanut butter and the phrase, “All I can
| say for the moment is… stay tuned.”
|
| Jim Grisanzio, Sun’s senior programming manager for OpenSolaris, links to the
| blog under the title “ZFS Pics.” This seems to indicate that Sun may be
| talking with Torvalds about bringing ZFS to Linux. Even this conclusion is
| really just speculation.
`----

http://practical-tech.com/operating-system/linux-and-sun-partnering/

Related: