[News] Quick Look at Linux Options Under VMware Workstation Beta

VMware refreshes Workstation 6.5 Beta 1

,----[ Quote ]
| You can now enjoy seamless integration of your favorite Linux guest
| applications with your host thanks to the addition of Unity for Linux, a
| popular new feature in desktop virtualization. With Unity, you can launch,
| access and run guest applications alongside your host applications.
|
| And finally, they've made it even easier to install Linux guest operating
| systems with the Easy Install Option.
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/virtualization/archives/2008/05/vmware_refreshe.html

Recent:

Open source VirtualBox challenges VMware Workstation

,----[ Quote ]
| I tested VirtualBox 1.5.2 on both Windows Vista Ultimate x64 and Ubuntu
| 7.10 “Gutsy Gibbon.” As with previous versions, installation was
| straightforward. The only caveat was the need to manually configure bridged
| networking support -- a process that involved creating a network bridge
| between the VirtualBox TAP adapter driver and the local NIC driver on the
| host. After this bridge was in place I could browse my local network from the
| guest OS and access resources on the host OS. As with previous versions,
| though, I did encounter the occasional IP address conflict message from both
| the host (Vista) and guest (Windows XP).
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/12/17/51TC-innotek-virtualbox_1.html

4 Reasons for VMware Not to Fear Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| How many things can one company do especially well? And how good is any one
| of the company's 'solutions' when the company has no consistent corporate
| raison d’etre? Microsoft runs the peril of confusing itself more than being a
| confident competitor. It lumbers now, as it always has, with its me-too
| products.
`----

http://seekingalpha.com/article/58825-4-reasons-for-vmware-not-to-fear-microsoft

VMWare: Coming Out of the Cloud?