Re: 23 unread, 91 killed

> Ignoring Linux as a force would be nothing less than irrational especially now
> that Ballmer merely /continues/ to name it the number one threat. Windows XP
> is now almost given away for free, so here we are at the stage where Microsoft
> fights libre with gratis and sees sales of Windows and profits falling (as
> should be expected).

I don't know about giving away XP for free (witness the "double-dipping"
accounts).

But I notice in the Office Depot pamphlet in today's Sunday paper that
most of the Vista Home Premium laptops are now sporting 3 Gb and 4 Gb,
with fairly low price-lines.

--
Microsoft is not about greed. It's about innovation and fairness.
   -- Bill Gates