[News] Some More Good News for Gentoo

Gentoo Foundation reinstated, Gentoo Council goes out with a fizzle

,----[ Quote ]
| Some important things for Gentoo happened over the last few days. First of
| all we have a bit of good news as all the paperwork for the Gentoo Foundation
| was filed and approved a few days ago, see Gentoo Foundation, INC. From my
| understanding the Gentoo Foundation was administratively dissolved due to
| required paperwork not being filed over quite some time but it's good to see
| that this problem is now resolved.
`----

http://kloeri.livejournal.com/4623.html

Recent:

New foundation trustees elected

,----[ Quote ]
| New trustees for the Gentoo Foundation  were just elected. The foundation
| takes care of Gentoo's intellectual property (copyrights, trademarks) and
| money. It ensures that nobody violates our copyrights and trademarks, serves
| as a place to hold money, and decides where to devote that money in the best
| interests of Gentoo.
`----

http://www.gentoo.org/news/20080302-foundation-election.xml

Gentoo 2008.0 Beta 2 [Screenshots]

http://gnuman.com/screenshots.html?gid=33

2008.0 feature requests closed

,----[ Quote ]
| To meet release schedule, the Release Engineering team has stopped seeking
| new requests. The team is now reviewing all the requests to decide which ones
| could make it into 2008.0.
`----

http://www.gentoo.org/news/20080210-requests-for-2008.0-features-closed.xml

KDE 4.0.1 added to Portage tree

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE 4.0.1 recently joined the Portage tree, thanks to Gentoo's KDE team.
`----

http://www.gentoo.org/news/20080210-kde-4.0.1.xml

Related:

Cool Beryl demo on Linux!