[News] Clueless Shill Attacks Pro-Standards and Pro-FOSS Non-profit

Alpha-lunatic attack on Digistan and the Hague declaration

,----[ Quote ]
| Dennis Byron explained "Google, IBM, Red Hat, Sun and the Digistan
| Connection".
`----

http://www.noooxml.org/forum/t-59912/alpha-lunatic-attack-on-digistan-and-the-hague-declaration

That Dennis Byron is quite a phenomenon. Spotted long ago and been labelled an
anti-ODF voice.

A Blog Rant from Absurdistan

,----[ Quote ]
| Well, you can't argue with the opening statement: given Microsoft's trashing
| of the ISO process for the sake of having its OOXML format blessed, any group
| in favour of “free and open standards” must, I suppose, by logical necessity
| by be anti-Microsoft – and especially anti-Microsoft (MSFT).
|
| [...]
|
| Which is doubtless true if we're talking about “our” Microsoft (MSFT) shares,
| since the net effect of Digistan will be to make people aware of open
| alternatives to Windows and Office lock-in, causing them to shovel less of
| their money into the Microsoft (MSFT) maw, with terrible knock-on
| consequences for those (MSFT) share values.
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2008/05/blog-rant-from-absurdistan.html

He used to work at IDC.

Related:

The Fog of War and a Ray of Light

,----[ Quote ]
| Meanwhile, an analyst named Dennis Byron launched a series of startling
| articles on OOXML.  In one, he incredibly railed against Microsoft
| for “wasting stockholder value” on standards.  In another, he launched wild
| allegations against IBM that are totally at odds with all facts of which I
| have personal knowledge.
|
| It’s all very depressing, as well as predictable.  And it won’t be over until
| it’s over on March 29.  Except, of course, it won’t be over then, either.
| The battle at then hand will simply be the next battle, as the forces
| withdraw briefly from the field of this last one while the votes are counted.
`----

http://www.consortiuminfo.org/standardsblog/article.php?story=20080319171133815

Microsoft's Sponsored OOXML Study

,----[ Quote ]
| Today, Microsoft made available an IDC study about so-called open desktop
| file formats. It's yet another Microsoft propaganda effort, as a crucial
| format standards vote approaches.
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/business_applications/microsofts_sponsored_ooxml_study.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535
http://tinyurl.com/2tx9eo

IDC pronounces Linux unimportant to European economy [in Microsoft-commissioned
study]

,----[ Quote ]