Re: [News] IBM Puts GNU/Linux on Cell Blades (HPC), Cell-based PS3 a Success

____/ Jerry McBride on Thursday 15 May 2008 23:37 : \____

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/05/14/ibm-launches-cell-blades-hpc

> Dude... I'd give anything... to have a CELL powered rack. Can you imagine
> the power? A fully functional Cell server or desktop? I'd put Intel to
> Shame in seconds...
>

> And the best part... WINDOWS not supported...

Not even AMD (x86). ;-)

XP SP3 crashes AMD machines

,----[ Quote ]
| One user reported, "I just installed Windows XP SP3 and after completing the
| processes and when the system reboots, the system cannot proceed to load the
| Windows. It just displays the flash screen of Windows then after it reboots
| again."
|
| Angry users have also reported that, after the installation, it is not even
| possible to boot in safe mode, usually the last resort before setting up a
| repeated forehead/screen interface.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/05/09/xp-sp3-crashes-amd-machines

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Here be hills, there be dragons!
Swap:  1510068k total,   316596k used,  1193472k free,    63368k cached