[News] Another Ubuntu Recommendation in the Press, KDE4 for Ubuntu Users

Linux offers one alternative to Microsoft's Windows

,----[ Quote ]
| Personally I recommend Ubuntu as a great alternative to Windows, and it is
| easy even for a beginner to learn. It also has the best support community of
| any operating system around. If you don't know how to do it, help is just a
| click away at /. You can also find documentation at a WIKI site dedicated to
| Ubuntu at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/. You can order a live disk for Ubuntu or
| download a CD image and burn your own at www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download.
`----

http://www.thespectrum.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080514/OPINION/805140319

Kubuntu KDE4 Remix: An Ubuntu User’s View

,----[ Quote ]
| One thing to take away from all of this is that in the era of the modern
| desktop it really isn’t too scary to mix and match. I have been back in Gnome
| now for a day and have given Dolphin a try as well as showing off the LaTeX
| plugin in Kopete to a friend. Just as I’ve never had real problems using
| AmaroK in my several years on Ubuntu, it doesn’t seem like I’ll have much
| trouble at all should I start to prefer things like Okular over Evince or
| even sticky note application KNotes over it’s counterpart Tomboy. This also
| makes the idea of switching less frightening, just as the availability of
| Open Source applications like pidgin and firefox eased my transition to
| Ubuntu, the fact that I didn’t have to give up any of my Gnome apps from KDE
| and vice versa will make what might be a transition over to KDE4 relatively
| pain free should the time come.
`----

http://polimath.com/blog/2008/05/13/kubuntu-kde4-remix/

Recent:

Ubuntu 8.04, My Awesome Desktop!

,----[ Quote ]
| On the top, I have a regular Gnome panel with: (from left to right) a show
| desktop button, main menu with access to applications, places such as my home
| folder, devices, etc., and system settings.
| Next I have: desktop switcher, system monitor, force quit, (a really useful
| applet to shut down those stubborn programs) Exaile icon, network monitor,
| clock, and logout button!
| I don't like the default theme for Ubuntu so I installed the Ubuntu-Studio
| theme which is really great! (I like clean, dark themes)
| On the background is the Hardy Heron.
`----

http://redmoose3d.blogspot.com/2008/05/ubuntu-804-my-awesome-desktop.html

KDE 4 rev 790000: Better stability and performance

,----[ Quote ]
| This is another revision of the development version of KDE 4 environment.
| Lots of you have asked why it took me so long to publish this article. Well,
| I was just waiting for rev 790000, that’s all. I hope that your curiosity
| will be satisfied since there’s been a lot of changes to describe this time.
| I did my best.
`----

http://polishlinux.org/kde/kde-4-rev-790000-better-stability-and-performance/

KDE 4.1: Visual Changelog (rev 783000)