[News] Free Software/Linux-based VoIP for Carrier-Grade Possible

Asterisk Going Carrier-Grade?

,----[ Quote ]
| A UK-based carrier-grade equipment vendor may begin baking the open source
| IP-PBX into its offerings. Is this the next big step for open source VoIP?
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/infra/article.php/3746401

Also:

Digium® Authorized Reseller Program Soars with Integration of Switchvox
Resellers

,----[ Quote ]
| Switchvox resellers have full access to the array of services and benefits
| provided to long-time Digium partners, including sales, technical and
| marketing support and substantial discounts on the highest quality hardware
| and open source software available to provide turnkey or highly customized
| voice over IP (VoIP) platforms for their customers.
`----

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20080513005244&newsLang=en

Related:

Digium preps Asterisk Linux distribution

,----[ Quote ]
| "We developed our own GUI [which is] similar to Trixbox [distribution],
| but the purpose of AsteriskNow is to provide a distribution built
| around Asterisk technology so people can use it without the GUI," he
| said. "The GUI is the same as the Asterisk Appliance that looks
| like a Linksys router that runs Asterisk and has analogue ports."
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;1047335524;fp;2;fpid;1

Linux dominating VoIP devices?

,----[ Quote ]