Re: [News] Microsoft Watch Very Disappointed by Windows ME3 (7apourware, Codename "Roadend")

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

Eight Things About Windows 7

,----[ Quote ]
| 1. Windows 7 won't be much different from Windows Vista...
| | 2. There's no new kernel or modular design... | | 3. The user interface won't radically change....
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/operating_systems/eight_things_about_windows_7.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535

Windows is dying. The codebase is as useful as that of Mac OS 9 (bar the
unwanted DRM handcuffs).

Interesting article. Some earlier articles indicated that 7 was going to be some kind of radical change from Vista and XP.

If 7 won't be much different from Vista then I don't expect a general extension of XP licensing as I predicted earlier. MS is stuck with something like Vista and telling the truth slowly that Windows users are going to have to go that way. Those who can't or won't switch from XP to Vista are going to have to pay for both Vista and XP.