[News] Wine Just a Small Step Away from 1.0, New Linux Game (Native/Port) Coming

  • Subject: [News] Wine Just a Small Step Away from 1.0, New Linux Game (Native/Port) Coming
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 07:51:50 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
This is release 1.0-rc3 of Wine, a free implementation of Windows on Unix.

,----[ Quote ]
| What's new in this release (see below for details):
|   - Bug fixes only, we are in code freeze.
|
| Because of lags created by using mirrors, this message may reach you
| before the release is available at the public sites.
`----

http://www.winehq.org/?announce=1.0-rc3

LGP Readies Sacred Gold Beta

,----[ Quote ]
| Sacred is an action role-playing game originally released on the Windows
| platform in 2004 with Sacred Gold, which is made up of Sacred, the Sacred
| Plus expansion, and the Sacred Underworld expansion, in 2005.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjQ5Nw

Recent:

No Windows? Use Linux, Intel Macs for PC Gaming with CrossOver

,----[ Quote ]
| Sure, Mac gaming is becoming less of an oxymoron these days, but if you want
| to game with a keyboard, Windows is still the way to go. Fortunately,
| Codeweavers' has concocted a solution for those who want the PC gaming
| experience on Mac (and Linux!) without using Boot Camp or partitioning
| drives. Introducing CrossOver Games.
`----

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/05/23/no-windows-use-linux-intel-macs-for-pc-gaming-with-crossover/
http://tinyurl.com/3tc2mk

Related:

Linux and Video Game Trends

,----[ Quote ]
| Recent developments in Linux video games shows a stunning improvement in
| support, not only by a better library of games for the operating system, but
| also for games not intended for Linux. Linux may finally gain some publicity
| if the developers continue to improve not just the video games, but also for
| the applications needed by the games.
`----

http://templatekit.com/stuff/2007/07/15/linux-and-video-game-trends/

Does WINE + Linux support more Windows apps than Vista?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://jagtalon.wordpress.com/2007/04/30/does-wine-linux-support-more-apps-than-vista/