[News] New Reviews of Songbird and K3b

Analysis: Mozilla Songbird Does Music, But Can It Be A Hit?

,----[ Quote ]
| There is a something innately organic about Mozilla and Mozilla-based
| applications. Perhaps it's the fact that they are developed as open-source in
| a veritable tech commune where code is readily shared and constantly
| evolving.
|
| Mozilla's most popular offering is the Firefox browser, trailing Internet
| Explorer as the Web browser of choice. Mozilla's e-mail and news client,
| Thunderbird, has made some noise in the tech world as well.
|
| There have been a number of apps spawned from the Mozilla ideology, and while
| not part of the Mozilla application suite per se, they do utilize the Mozilla
| framework of being open-source and cross-platform. Songbird is one such app.
| Songbird 0.5 is the Mozilla counterpart to Apple's iTunes and has recently
| been released in final version.
`----

http://www.crn.com/software/208400843

Burn Your CDs and DVDs! K3b Review

,----[ Quote ]
| The latest stable K3b version is 1.0.5 and you can get it from the official
| website. Work is also in progress for the KDE4 port, which is scheduled to be
| the next release, 1.1.
|
| As a conclusion, K3b has all the tools you need, it does its job very well,
| is mature and stable, and development started at the KDE4 port. K3b is
| definitely one of the best Linux burner applications out there.
`----

http://vivapinkfloyd.blogspot.com/2008/05/burn-your-cds-and-dvds-with-k3b-review.html

Related:

The LXer Interview: Sebastian Kügler of KDE

,----[ Quote ]
| If you ever want a glimpse of how much Sebastian Kügler does around KDE just
| subscribe to the kde-promo e-mail list which is as busy as it is effective,
| and that is just one of the many tasks that he is charged with. In his time
| with KDE, Sebastian has witnessed and helped facilitate some of the most
| sweeping changes the organization has ever seen. In our Interview we talk
| about those changes and more.

Burning CDs/DVDs in Linux with K3B

,----[ Quote ]
| All in all, I see little room for massive improvement in K3b. It is a
| very solid program, has not crashed on me in the year or two I've been
| using it, and has pretty much been able to handle whatever files or
| formats I've thrown at it.
`----

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/232057/burning_cdsdvds_in_linux_with_k3b.html

Burn Baby Burn