Re: GOOGLE Down 21% for the Year

On May 29, 10:51 am, "Subway steel" <f...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> <ness...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > Stock quotes, May 29, 2008 vs 1 year ago (source:  Yahoo finance)
> > First today, next a year ago, then percentage change
>
> > MSFT    28.62         30.35              -6%
> > AAPL   187.86       114.35          +64%
> > GOOG  582.41        487.11         +23%
>
> > Yes, the year in which Vista was introduced has really lifted
> > Microsoft's spirits.
>
> Evidently you changed the time frame being looked at. Roy posted "for the
> year" meaning Year-to-Date and the 21% decline is consistent with a year to
> date time frame.

<snip>

Yes, everyone agrees that stock prices in the short term don't mean
much.  That's one reason why I took a somewhat longer look.  Let's
look at an even longer time frame, comparing Micrdosoft and its two
most important competitors (which VA Linux is not, BTW).

Today and 2 years ago:
MSFT   28.62       22.51        +27%
GOOG  582.41   371.94       +57%
AAPL   187.86      61.22     +207%

You do invest for the long term, don't you?  Would you like to look at
4 years ago?