[News] Torvalds' Git Spreads to Many Projects, Business

Git Spawns a Business

,----[ Quote ]
| The up-and-coming version control system git has begun to prove its mettle
| outside of Linux kernel development. The Ruby on Rails community has embraced
| it wholeheartedly with many core projects migrating to the system recently.
| The climate has become right for businesses to spring up in the wake of this
| adoption.
`----

http://ostatic.com/163028-blog/git-spawns-a-business#rss

Git Gets Down to Business

,----[ Quote ]
| That is, not content with helping to create an entire GNU/Linux industry,
| Torvalds has now spawned another business sector with Git. Truly, this man is
| working towards world domination.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/toolbox/open-source/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=831&blogid=14

Git to Manage Android Code

,----[ Quote ]
| Git is an open source version control system designed to handle very large
| projects with speed and efficiency, but it’s also suited for small personal
| repositories; it is especially popular in the open source community, serving
| as a development platform for projects like the Linux Kernel, WINE or X.org.
`----

http://androidguys.com/2008/05/26/git-to-manage-android-code/

Recent:

Git is the next Unix

,----[ Quote ]
| Much like Unix itself, git's actual software doesn't matter; it's the file
| format, the concepts, that change everything.
|
| Whether they're called git or not, some amazing things will come of this.
`----

http://www.advogato.org/person/apenwarr/diary/371.html

GIT 1.5.4, "An Unusually Long Cycle"

,----[ Quote ]
| "The latest feature release GIT 1.5.4 is available at the usual places,"
| began Git maintainer Junio Hamano. He continued, "it has been an unusually
| long cycle. 5 months since the last feature release 1.5.3 was really a bit
| too long. But I hope it was worth waiting for. Thanks everybody for working
| hard to improve it." He noted that there were 165 contributers resulting in
| 684 changed files, included 70,435 insertions and 28,984 deletions.
`----

http://kerneltrap.org/Linux/GIT_1.5.4_An_Unusually_Long_Cycle

Related:

Linux: Graphical Git Statistics