[News] Linux Suitable and Windows Vista a Bad Fit for Low/Medium-cost Laptops

HP Mini-Note plays right tune but misses beat with Vista: review

,----[ Quote ]
| It seemed that everything that Asus had worked to achieve by integrating its
| compact little sub-notebook with a fantastically simple customised GUI built
| using the Xandros Linux distribution was totally wasted if you loaded Windows
| XP.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/18437/1023/

A toy even for the big boys: Asus Eee PC 900 review

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall, the Asus Eee PC 900 is a reliable piece of equipment for those
| looking to do nitty-gritty work on the road or anywhere else.
`----

http://blogs.inquirer.net/techaddicts/2008/05/26/a-toy-even-for-the-big-boys-asus-eee-pc-900-review/
http://tinyurl.com/5d4yv2

Last week:

Asus to release desktop Eee PC as Ebox

,----[ Quote ]
| The Ebox will certainly run the Eee PC's Xandros version of Linux, and come
| bundled with the same line-up of applications.
|
| The look of the Ebox is at odds with the design of a slimline home desktop PC
| that Asus demo'd at the CeBit show in March this year. That model,
| the "Digital Home System EP20", was, however, said to run the Eee PC's Linux
| OS.
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/05/23/asus_e_dt_is_ebox/

Recent:

Linux is Part of Asus’s Long Term Plan

,----[ Quote ]
| Asus announced three new Linux products.
|
| I would even go so far to say that if Asus keeps up its support of Linux, it
| may be the company that is credited with bringing Linux on the desktop to the
| masses.
`----

http://www.linuxloop.com/news/2008/02/02/linux-is-part-of-asuss-long-term-plan/

Feeling the heat at Microsoft