[News] Review of the New Musix GNU/Linux and Drumrolls on Fedora 9

Musix GNU/Linux 1.0R4 Released - Everything from sound editing to graphical
design

,----[ Quote ]
| The fourth revision of Musix GNU/Linux was announced by Marcos Guglielmetti,
| and it contains a large set of applications for artists. It is made up of
| only free software that are intended for music production, audio and video
| editing, graphic design and much more.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Musix-GNU-Linux-1-0R4-Released-86365.shtml

Pictures.

Fedora 9: Drumrolls with Linux Hydrogen

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 9 includes more than 15,000 ready to install rpm packages. These rpm
|                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| packages can be easily fetched using the Fedora's yum installer that install
| the needed application's dependencies as well. Fedora and Redhat rpm packages
| covers from simple linux binary tool, publishing tool to music and video
| editing applications. One of the great music tools Fedora is comprised of is
| Hydrogen.
|
| Hydrogen is an advanced drum machine for GNU/Linux. It's main goal is to
| bring professional yet
| simple and intuitive pattern-based drum programming. Hydrogen has
| user-friendly, modular, fast and intuitive graphical based interfaced powered
| by QT 3. This makes music operation easy as point, drag and click which gives
| great operational confidence of a user to the said software.
`----

http://vertito.blogspot.com/2008/05/fedora-9-drumrolls-with-linux-hydrogen.html

Related:

Musix 1.0r3 Test 4

,----[ Quote ]
| Along side Ubuntu Studio and other multimedia-oriented distributions, Musix
| is a Debian-based distribution led by Argentinian developers that is
| currently at version 1.0.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=957&num=1

Hydrogen: Using Linux to create slick drum beats

,----[ Quote ]
| Now, because of the fact that Hydrogen is so intuitive, this description is
| going to be very short, so there will be more time for you to start creating
| your own beats, loops or songs. People who have used the pretty mediocre, but
| still popular program FruityLoops before will know exactly what to do when
| they first open the program and see the interface, but don't worry if you
| haven't, because Hydrogen is very easy to learn.
`----

http://www.onderstekop.nl/articles/118/

Audio in Linux is awesome

,----[ Quote ]
| I can’t wait for PulseAudio. I’m sure that will make all of this even easier.
`----

http://darkness.codefu.org/wordpress/2007/12/15/292

Why Vista sounds worse

,----[ Quote ]