[News] Puppy Linux Team Takes Lessons from Ubuntu

Lessons learned from Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| While wandering the Ubuntu site (www.ubuntu.com) to take a look at the new
| Hardy Heron / 8.04 LTS version, I went all philosophical and tried to think
| of any lessons that the Puppy Community could learn from that of Ubuntu. Now
| please note this is not a dig at the Puppy Community, we are one of the best
| out there, I'm just taking a step back and pondering to myself.
|
| So anyway here we go...
|
| There are of course already things key to the Ubuntu community that Puppy
| does well. Support in the forums is to a very high standard, as is the
| development of individual programs.
`----

http://www.puppylinux.org/community/blogs/lof/lessons-learned-ubuntu

Recent:

Puppy Linux 4 gets new bite

,----[ Quote ]
| Its been been six months since Puppy Linux 3.01 was released and today Barry
| Kauler announced Puppy 4.00, aka Dingo. Clocking in at a minimal 87MB
| download, Puppy 4.00 is a lightweight desktop Linux alternative ideal for
| low-end machines, or for users who want a little less clutter and more speed
| from their desktop.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=2398

Puppeee: Puppy for your Eee PC

,----[ Quote ]
| The Asus Eee PC ultraportable comes bundled with a version of Xandros as its
| operating system. If you would like to try a different Linux distro on your
| Eee, there are plenty of options to choose from, including eeeXubuntu,
| EeeDora, ZenEee,  EeePCLinuxOS, and Puppeee. The latter is based on Puppy
| Linux, a tiny Linux distribution that sports a few unique features that make
| it a perfect candidate for use on machines like the Eee PC.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/131070

Puppy Linux 4.0 on a Dell Inspiron 1150 Review

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.penguinway.net/?p=89